ResearchFest highlights undergraduate and graduate-level research from the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (ChBE), the Department of Materials Science and Engineering (MSE), and the Fischell Department of Bioengineering (BioE). The event is sponsored by BioE, ChBE and MSE, and features guest judges, prizes and a reception.
All are welcome to attend!
- Date: TBA
- Location: A. James Clark Hall Forum East/Atrium
- Time: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm (set up begins at 9:00 am)
- Submitters of accepted presentations will deliver a 1 minute PowerPoint slide "soundbite" summarizing their research project along with a corresponding poster display.
- Judges will select a group of semi-finalists based on the soundbites and have a follow-up discussion while evaluating the posters to determine the winners/runners-up.
- This year's judges will be: TBA
How to Participate in ResearchFest 2019
- Submit a 1-page abstract and submit it to email@example.com by Date TBA. Please check back in the Spring!
- All submitted abstracts must be approved by you, any co-authors, and your advisors as acceptable for presentation in public. Information on the abstracts may be included in handouts for judges and/or attendees, or posted to the BIOE/CHBE/MSE websites.
Prepare your poster or presentation:
- Create a new research poster for the event, or use one you have presented in the past year. You are responsible for printing your poster. Please plan ahead to format your poster to be no larger than 40"x30" (or 30"x40").
- Presentations will be timed and last no longer than 10 minutes (strictly enforced). Presenters will also be given 5 minutes for questions. Please ensure your presenation fits these constraints.
- Lunch will be provided
- A winner will be chosen for each category - several awards will carry a cash prize (which will be deposited into the winner's student account).
- Please note: photos of the poster session and/or presentations may be used online and/or in newsletters.
- Questions or concerns should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org