FACULTY MEMBER, TENURE/TENURE-TRACK
No open positions at this time.
FACUTLY MEMBER, NON-TENURED TRACK
The Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering is seeking candidates for a Faculty Specialist position as Executive Director – Center for Research in Extreme Batteries (CREB). This position will be responsible for the management of the (day-to-day operations) of the Center.
The CREB aims to foster and accelerate collaborative research in advanced battery materials and technologies and characterization techniques. CREB’s focus is on batteries for extreme performance, environments and applications (for example: defense, space, biomedical applications). Participation in CREB is open to national and defense labs, universities, and industry. This position will report to the Consortium Director for CREB.
Position duties shall include but not limited to:
The Executive Director will provide a high level of customer service to establish effective communication channels, and act as a liaison with internal and external partners from industry/leading academic/government in the area of energy storage. He/she must have strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Experience with developing teams of researchers and technical personnel is desired. Coordination of CREB annual meetings, budget for events and other activities. Produce CREB newsletter and up-date website.
B.A/B.S. degree is required. A minimum of 5 or more years of experience holding progressively responsible professional management positions (in administrative, financial and managerial work, or grant/contract management) ideally within UMCP or within a university environment.
Knowledge, Skill, & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of budget and/or contract management and oversight.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrates flexibility, problem solving, creativity, good judgment, ability to make decisions and accept responsibility especially when problems arise.
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Including the ability to write clear and concise reports. Strong spreadsheet and computer skills.
- Ability to interact with diverse constituencies, including faculty, staff, students and administrators in units across campus/corporations/federal research laboratories.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion. Attention to detail as well as the ability to maintain a broad overview.
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work beyond the standard work week.
- Ability to direct programmatic activity and to manage multiple projects and coordinate with a diverse team of professionals to achieve organizational goal.
- Experience in planning and overseeing events (e.g., workshops, orientations, retreats).
- Experience working with the DoD and industrial partners.
- Working knowledge of federal rules and regulations defined in OMB Circulars A-21, A-110, and A-133 .
- Experience working in higher education.
- Knowledge of the procurement and contractual policies/processes and CRADA at the University of Maryland
To APPLY: A cover letter, CV, and names and addresses of three professional references (Company/Agency/Institution, phone & email addresses), should be submitted electronically to: http://ejobs.umd.edu; position number 124769.
For best consideration, applications should be received by 22 April 2019, but applications will continue to be considered after this date until the position is filled. This is a full time position, continuation of position beyond one year is based on available funding.
POINT of CONTACT: Questions about the position can be directed to the Chair of the Search Committee: Prof. Chunsheng Wang, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park, College Park, MD 20742-2111, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, or political affiliation. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.